It is our members' choice to continue to share with the KNEW Health community through monthly contributions and members can cancel their membership at any time.
If members do not contribute and their membership is not consecutive, they can re-enroll for membership to be effective on the first day of the next month, following re-enrollment. If membership is not consecutive, the 36-month review for a pre-existing condition(s) will restart.
For example, let's say we have a KNEW Health member that has a shareable Need (EX: knee surgery) within the first year of their membership that was not pre-existing. This member then cancels their current membership and then re-enrolls 3 months later. Any future medical costs associated with the original knee surgery will now be subject to the sharing limitations on pre-existing conditions, as this Need will be considered pre-existing to the current membership.
Medical costs (except some medications*) associated with pre-existing conditions are:
- Not shareable at all during the first twelve months of membership (following the effective date of services).
- Shareable up to a maximum of $15,000 cumulative during months 13-24 (following the effective date of services).
- Shareable up to a maximum of $30,000 cumulative during months 25-36 (following the effective date of services).
- Fully shareable in month 37 and beyond (following the effective date of services).
- However, * the cost of maintenance (vs. curative) medications and related maintenance equipment associated with pre-existing conditions are never shareable.