While there is no maximum dollar limit on the amount that can be shared towards a specific medical need, the need must be within the scope of the Medical Cost Sharing Guidelines before it will be eligible for sharing. Because of the economic impact of very large medical bills (e.g. those over $150,000), there is an internal mechanism to ensure that adequate shares are available to meet both our Member’s normal and high-cost needs. For the very large medical expenses that occur from time to time, 15% of each Member’s monthly shares are set aside to help offset these situations. Our Medical Cost Sharing Partner reserves the right to negotiate medical expenses with providers, and to prorate available shares, as necessary, in order to address all Member’s medical expenses.
Articles in this section
- Is medical cost sharing just another name for health insurance?
- What’s the advantage of medical cost sharing?
- Are there any age restrictions on becoming a Member of the medical cost sharing portion of the KNEW Health Community?
- Who manages the medical cost sharing for the community? You said you are working with an experienced Medical Cost Sharing Partner: how do they fit into my KNEW Health Membership?
- How can I be sure that the Medical Cost Sharing community concept really works?
- Are there monthly premiums?
- Is Medical Cost Sharing legal?
- What are the requirements for participating in Medical Cost Sharing?
- What about functional medicine for wellness?
- Can I choose my own doctors and hospitals without being penalized?