Because a Membership fee is a not a medical intervention for a new need, it cannot be submitted for sharing. Individual visits, labs or procedures may be shareable if they are directly related to a new condition, are not an excluded service, and exceed the Member’s IUA (Initial Unshareable Amount).
Articles in this section
- Is medical cost sharing just another name for health insurance?
- What’s the advantage of medical cost sharing?
- Are there any age restrictions on becoming a Member of the medical cost sharing portion of the KNEW Health Community?
- Who manages the medical cost sharing for the community? You said you are working with an experienced Medical Cost Sharing Partner: how do they fit into my KNEW Health Membership?
- How can I be sure that the Medical Cost Sharing community concept really works?
- Are there monthly premiums?
- Is Medical Cost Sharing legal?
- What are the requirements for participating in Medical Cost Sharing?
- What about functional medicine for wellness?
- Can I choose my own doctors and hospitals without being penalized?