Because a Membership fee is a not a medical intervention for a new need, it cannot be submitted for sharing. Individual visits, labs or procedures may be shareable if they are directly related to a new condition, are not an excluded service, and exceed the Member’s IUA (Initial Unshareable Amount).
Articles in this section
- Are mental health needs shareable?
- Are prescription costs considered a shareable need?
- Are my monthly shares a pre-tax deduction like health insurance premiums?
- Is surrogacy a shareable need?
- Can there be multiple needs during one pregnancy?
- What if I have a medical need that is not shareable?
- Are maternity needs that occur prior to membership or in the first 12 months of member shareable with the community?
- How are maternity needs shared?
- Don't I have to have health insurance? Isn't there a penalty to pay if I don't?
- Can my adult children be enrolled in our family plan? Do they have to be a full-time college students?