When medical care costs are paid by someone other than the person receiving care, typically an insurance company or government entity, the health care model can be undermined and often over-charged. We believe many of the current problems with the health care system are the direct result of restricting personal freedom and responsibility through dependence on third-party payers. Medical cost sharing allows Members to help one-another while maintaining freedom of choice and personal responsibility. In this way, the vision is for the community to create the best healthcare at the best costs for the betterment of the everyone in the system.
Articles in this section
- Don't I have to have health insurance? Isn't there a penalty to pay if I don't?
- Can my adult children be enrolled in our family plan? Do they have to be a full-time college students?
- How are preventive/wellness medical visits and screening for me and my kids handled for sharing?
- After my Membership begins, can I change my IUA level?
- Is medical cost sharing just another name for health insurance?
- What’s the advantage of medical cost sharing?
- Are there any age restrictions on becoming a Member of the KNEW Health Community?
- You said you are working with an experienced Medical Cost Sharing Partner to manage that part of Member benefits: how do they fit into my KNEW Health Membership? Are they experienced?
- How can I be sure that the Medical Cost Sharing community concept really works?
- Are there monthly premiums?