There is no specific, annual maximum dollar amount or lifetime maximum for sharing for most medical needs, and no limit on the number of needs that an individual Member or household may have. Medical Cost Sharing is, however, limited to the total number of shares that are contributed by all participating Members. Additionally, no single need may consume more than one third (1/3) of the total number of shares available in order to assure ample shares for all Members.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- Is there any time limitation on sharing a medical Need?
- Are mental health needs shareable?
- Are prescription costs considered a shareable need?
- Are my monthly shares a pre-tax deduction like health insurance premiums?
- Is surrogacy a shareable need?
- Can there be multiple needs during one pregnancy?
- What if I have a medical need that is not shareable?
- Are maternity needs that occur prior to membership or in the first 12 months of member shareable with the community?
- How are maternity needs shared?
- Don't I have to have health insurance? Isn't there a penalty to pay if I don't?
Article is closed for comments.